Our CEO apparently finally approved the trip today. I’m now preparing to leave on Sunday, or later, depending on available flights, visa delays and the amount of time it takes to get approval from Joburg (a few days, normally).
What’s got me quite frustrated (and which I intend to raise with the highest management I can easily get to) is that Vicki and I are supposed to be at the Lions Midyear Convention this long weekend, but we cancelled the plans because I was supposed to leave (the cancellation was on my boss’ boss’ advice). Now it turns out we probably could have gone – and I am distinctly displeased, both at that specifically and at my inability to plan my life more than 2 or 3 days ahead for almost a month!
Bloody hell, but I’m currently seriously annoyed.